Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Oops I did it again!

19 days with no anaphylaxis, but IT"S BACK!

I saw my Internal Medicine doc today and told him I wanted my flu and pneumonia shots because I was finally down to a low enough dose of steroid to get them. He wanted me to wait and have Immunology give it tomorrow. UGH!

At least they can't say the flu shot caused the problem.  Such is the life of a person with Idiopathic Anaphylaxis.

Yesterday my coworkers from Blue Ridge Ear, Nose and Throat sent me the most beautiful card with the kindest wishes and a hand full of cash to pay on my bills. They are the most incredible group of people I have ever met in my life. Not everyone fits there - I don't why - but when you stay for more than a year it becomes just like your family.  I felt that way long before I was there a year, but it does take some people a touch longer to mesh. They are my brothers and sisters - we are a family, a church and there for each other. I thought that would go away when I had been gone for a few months, but they reminded me that I am still part of them. I love them all so much.

I had another big adventure today. Scott and I went to Food City. He pushed me in a wheelchair of course, but I did get to go to the grocery store. I am so easily amused.

As for how I am doing - the shortness of breath is getting worse. It takes even less activity than before to set it off. A trip to the  bathroom is about the max before shortness of breath sets in. The docs are going to pull out my echocardiogram films and review them again. They are now suspecting pulmonary hypertension in addition to the other problems. I looked it up and the symptoms fit. We will wait and see.

In 2 weeks we find out if we are having 1 or 2 grand babies. There are twins on both sides so it is a possibility. Casey's belly is growing fast. We are having lots of fun making up names - all are vetoed by the parents. LOL

No comments: