Monday, January 31, 2011

God Does Answer Prayers

Scott's paycheck went in the bank and wasn't enough to cover the bills. At 4:30 this morning I was praying for God to send enough money some way to get us through to the next paycheck. At 10:30 I checked my email and found that the check for one of my retirement funds that I was cashing out is in the mail! Once again, consider the lilies. Thank you Lord.

Casey is 20 weeks - half way to baby. She looks so healthy and happy.  As you can see, we still have plenty of snow at my house. The driveway is covered with about a 1 inch sheet of ice. It is more slippery than ever. We are hoping we will get some rain to speed up the melting.

I had such a great time with the girls this weekend. They really are the most fun a person can have. Kristen may possibly leave the Christian school and start homeschooling. I really enjoyed learning with Casey when she was homeschooling. I did not enjoy having to be the bad guy who made sure she did her work.

Anaphylaxis has been under pretty good control for the past few days, but the racing heart and hip pain continue. I finally broke down and called my internist this morning to see what can be done with the hip. It is getting very hard to walk. It is extremely painful. I am waiting on the nurse to call back - Dr. Patel wants an MRI but the insurance may not allow it. It seems that prednisone is especially hard on the ball part of the hip joint, and since I have been on Prednisone for 9 months it could have done a lot of damage to that bone. I was already compromised before all the steroids due to osteopenia.

As I already said earlier, God answers prayers. It isn't time for me to be well or God would have already healed me. I get discouraged, and I know all of you who pray for me sometimes get discouraged too. We all have to remember that I am where God wants for me to be and he will not give me more than I can bear. On days when I am having a pity party, please refer me back to this post. :)

No comments: