Monday, January 3, 2011

OOPS!

Yesterday was a good day. Casey and Kristen were here. We had 4 foot subs for lunch. I finished book #2 of 2011 - The Granny Diaries by Adair Lara.

UNTIL...

I got accidentally exposed to a scented body lotion last night.

From that point on it has been rough. Congestion, mucus, cough, flushing, nausea, reflux, and all the other wonderful things that make up Idiopathic Anaphylaxis (IA). It is so frustrating that someone making a small mistake can send my body into such a frenzy. I feel so bad when something like this happens. It is terrible for everyone to have to be so careful, and I feel so helpless because my body does these things.

Needless to say I was up all night. I still feel like my internal organs are shaking, and I still have mucus in my chest.  I really just want to curl up into a ball and cry. I get angry with my body - I hate not being in control.

Scott stayed home with me today since I still don't feel stable. Not only does IA disrupt our lives, but also the lives of his coworkers. Today is pity party day - I'm going to go put on my big girl panties and get over it.

No comments: