Saturday, October 30, 2010

Good Morning World

I feel so much more like me. When Scott and I were filling my medicine trays last night we saw how messed up they had my medication at the hospital. My body went into rebellion.

The hospital only carries 1 drug out of a class. Ex: Protonix, Nexium, Kappidex, Prilsec, Aciohex ... That is good in theory, but in real life one medication doesn't always work as well as the other. Basically the only medications identical to my routine were Benadryl and Prednisone. With someone like me, small differences make a big difference.

I slept like a log last night. This morning I feel much better than in the hospital.

Coming home with the PICC line has been a challenge. It is hard to track down all the supplies you need to care for something like this. Multiple trips to the local pharmacy that carries home health supplies have already been made, and Scott will have to go back today to get the chlorhexadine impregnated disc and stat lock for my dressing change. Sometimes living so far out from big cities is a challenge.

I have finished my early morning snack with my meds and am going back for another nap!

No comments: