Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Day with Elizabeth

Today was a day where I didn't feel good, but not as bad as usual. I decided to spend the day with my friend Elizabeth Zimmermann. Elizabeth died before I ever knew who she was, but she is one lady I would have loved to have met. Today I reread the Knitter's Almanac. I laugh out loud at Elizabeth's opinionated statements. Today's readings had me chuckling about Grandmother ideas. I love the statement that all Grandmothers know that no daughter-in-law knows how to properly wash wool. I also loved the one about mothers in "this day and age" insist on yarn that can be machine washed and dried. Elizabeth's answer was that soon she supposed that they would make babies that can be machine washed and dried.

I enjoy knitting Elizabeth's patterns, but her books have given me hours of enjoyment in just reading. My friend Louann and I love to pop in one of Elizabeth's DVDs and pick up our knitting. Our husbands shake their heads LOL

A day that could have been a boring, feel bad day was saved by Elizabeth. In my idea of heaven, I will get to sit down and knit for a spell with Elizabeth.

No comments: