Saturday, January 7, 2012

More of the Same

I re-established with my previous immunologist yesterday since Dr. Krishnaswamy has taken a year leave of absence to care for his aging parents. He changed some of my medication doses, but nothing new. We went through all the drug suggestions and I explained why we did not use them - my poor kidney function.

It was a beautiful day to get out of the house. Sunny and warm all day. Ir is gloomy today but my sunshine is coming to visit. Bentley brightens the day no matter how dreary the weather may be.

Thanks to my parents and my son-in-law and daughter for the financial help. Also so much thanks to my mom who makes me breakfast every weekday morning and also comes up and helps with cleaning. My dad brings my breakfast and lunch to me everyday and drives me where I need to go. Without my parents help, Scott would have to miss more work than he already does.

ASU has a shared leave policy that allows other employees to donate some of their leave to other employees who have family members who are sick.We usually don't know who gave time, but thanks to Angie who donated 100 hours and to Larry for his donation. It is so nice to be able to ask Scott to stay home or to come home when I am having a really bad day.

Scott does everything for me. He changes dressings, helps me bathe, cooks and cleans. Anything I need he does. If I have a bad night he is up with me, and then still goes to work the next day. He does all this even with the severe pain he has. It is true love.


Casey and Jeremiah got me Wishes and Stitches for my birthday. I loved it. There is a lot of talk about knitting, but it is also a great story. I think even a non-knitter would enjoy it.

No comments: