Monday, February 18, 2013

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon


This is book 6 of my 52 books in 52 weeks. I listened to this book from Audible. It was an excellent book - 5 star. The book is set in the Scottish Highlands and in England. There is a bit of time travel, but not enough sci-fi to turn me off. This book was almost 40 hours of audio, but you will want to listen every second you can. It was hard to turn it off when Scott wanted to talk. LOL

My next audio book will be The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom. Casey is going to read the print version. Mama listened to it and liked it, and a friend of Casey's gave her a copy. Join us and let us know what you think. Casey is at www.heelstohighchairs.com. I will also try to read a print book in between the audio books. There is something about actual reading that cannot be replaced.

Peggy Poe Stern has a new book out. It is available for Kindle now and in print next week. Her books are those that you just cannot put down. I have read everything she has published.

I have been working some on Bentley's scrapbook, knitting a sweater for myself out of my hand spun alpaca fleece, knitting a blanket for Kristen's baby, painting some huck towels for us, and reading/listening to books. The days are still very long here alone.

I have been feeling fairly well. I've been having a bit of trouble with my foot. but I have had issues off and on for years. If I stay fairly immobile I am feeling great. If I am pushing myself, I get chest pain and dizziness - nothing new. I am grateful for a little break in feeling like the Grim Reaper was waiting in the room.

We got a food processor with some of our tax refund. We have been having fun using it to slice, shred, mix, and knead. We have cut vegetables for soup. kneaded bread dough, shredded cheese, and chopped and mixed meatball ingredients. When I say we, it is mostly Scott. :)

I'm looking forward to Bentley staying with me while his mom is at the hairdresser this week. I am hoping for good weather so that he can play outside. He gets really excited when he sees the squirrels in the trees.

No comments: