Thursday, June 16, 2011

I Still Get Scared

I have been going into anaphylaxis averaging once a week for almost a year solid, and I still sometimes get scared. I know as long as I have my medications I won't die, but when I can barely get air through my swollen throat it is still scary. Yesterday was my worst attack since last summer, and I must admit I was afraid I was going to pass out before I got my epipen injected. I also had to use a second dose which is unusual, and at that point I was scared enough to call for help. Luckily I was stable by the time Daddy arrived so I avoided the ER and another huge medical bill to make payments on.

I haven't been feeling well - doing very little other than watching television and a little knitting. I haven't been able to sleep very much - about 4 hours with sleep aids prescribed by Dr. Krish. My current TV shows of choice are The Waltons, Season 3, Ally McBeal, Season 2, Brothers and Sisters, Season 3, The Sopranos, Season 1, Chopped, and Iron Chef. Thank God for Netflix Instant and friends and family who loan me DVDs. Most nights I am up all night and go to bed when Scott leaves for work.

Still no word on my Social Security Disability appeal. I am so thankful that Dr. Ford carried Long Term Disability Insurance on me. If we didn't have that I am afraid we would be homeless by now.

Casey is dilated to 2 cm and is 80% effaced. Hopefully she will have a short labor once the real thing starts. Her due date is Sunday. We are all anxious to meet the little man. I am going to try and spend 2 weeks with them when they come home from the hospital just loving on him. I am going to share a room with the baby so I am afraid I won't be able to stop looking at him to sleep. I didn't know how strong a grandmother's love was until now. 

No comments: