Saturday, March 26, 2011

Election Day

It is election day in Mountain City. My uncle Willis Walker intended to run for mayor. He was a good and honest man, and he would have had my vote. I didn't always agree with him - actually it was maybe half - but I do know he was honest and he did what he thought was best. Today I voted for the candidates I knew he would want me to support. I voted for the candidate who is honest and fair.

Today is an achy day - it might be the weather - it might be the disease or the drugs - I don't really care what causes  it or why anymore - it sucks. There are so many things I should be doing but just getting into the high school to vote wore me completely out. There is nothing I wouldn't do to be better.

Kristen asked me to read a book - Number the Stars by Lora Loway. I was blown away by how good this young reader book is. It is about two families during World War II in Copenhagen. It is really amazing. It was my 9th book for 2011.

No comments: