Sunday, March 13, 2011

Discouraged

This has been a hard week for me emotionally. I got a denial letter from Social Security disability. I expected it but it made me feel hurt and angry.

I don't fit into a typical category. Everyone in the IA support group had told me exactly what to expect, and some of them got the exact same comment on their letters. My reactions are not frequent or severe enough to make me unable to work. Today I am able to chuckle about that just a little.

There is nothing to do now but get up and fight. Dr. Krishnaswamy has offered to help me in any way he can so we are going to have to get everything lined up in medical records. I have been advised to have friends and relatives write letters about how IA has affected my life and send them to SSA. (Social Security) I am going to start taking pictures of my reactions and my swollen feet. I am going to send examples of my illegible handwriting because I shake too much to write. I am going to send everything I can to show how life as I knew it was taken away.

I have to go to an orthopedic to get an injection in my hip to help with the pain. How I miss Dr. Mike Kimbro! I know he is doing good work in Peru but it was so nice having him here and being able just to take care of things like that. 

As allergy season gets into full swing, I have been told to expect more problems. Tree season is my worst allergy season and it is starting up with a bang. When my immune system gets triggered by anything it makes me more likely to go into anaphylaxis.

I am enjoying the sun being out. I am looking forward to the warmer weather and being able to sit outside some.  These walls get boring, but boring is safe. Going anywhere outside my home is scary. Someone can walk by me with perfume on and I have to use inhalers. I have become a prisoner of my house and automobiles. The porch will be a nice addition to my safe spots.

The thing I miss most this week is traveling. Scott and I usually made a trip to the coast in March each year. Last year Scott couldn't go so Louann and I went to the beach. That little fix of warm sunshine helped get me through until the nice weather arrived here. I cherish the good memories from those trips. and if I had known how my life would change, I would have went and did more. Take time to have fun while you can. You don't know what tomorrow will bring!

No comments: