Friday, July 26, 2013

Octreotide Scan denied

Dr. Lee called my insurance company himself and they still won't pay for my scan. They told him after the biopsy was back they would pay if it is carcinoid tumors.

If I do get a pathology report saying I have carcinoid tumors, I will have to have another surgery. This is going to cost the insurance company more money and put my body through more trauma.

I do understand them denying the scan. Because all three tests were not positive, they want to wait and see. Unless you know me, you don't know how sick I am.

If this isn't carcinoid tumors, the surgery won't cure my anaphylaxis. There is about .oo1% chance that they are hydatid cysts. If the tumors turn out to be something other than these two, they are an additional problem.

I will take one day at a time. I desperately want this surgery to cure everything. I really don't know how much more my body can stand.

1 comment:

Evelyn Chua said...

I do hope everything will go smoothly. Sending prayers and positive thoughts to you and your family.